Check out our Programs!
At Our Studio:
We offer programs at our studio in the heart of Roncesvalles Village, 9 Neepawa Ave., one block south of Howard Park, east off Roncesvalles.
- Photography for kids on PA Days. For ages 9-13 on Jan. 19 and Feb. 16, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. $50 for each PA Day. Equipment provided.
- Stop Motion Fun for March Break. For ages 10-13, March 12-16, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Get Smart with your Smart Phones and Tablets in two Saturday sessions. All ages: from 9 to 90! $45 for two sessions.
- Free video classes for the 55+. Record your memories! Make a video about growing up, about your parents or grandparents, or about a subject you’re interested in. We also conduct sessions off site for groups of six or more. This is a SilverShorts documentary project, funded by the federal New Horizons for Seniors Program.
In the Schools:
Back Lane Studios conducts photo and video workshops in schools. Check out some of student work under the “Videos” section of this website. Learn more about the idea behind the program on our CityShorts project page.
- Bishop Marrocco/Thomas Merton Grade 12 students will interview and make videos about some of their older relatives to gain perspective on their own backgrounds and origins. Oct. 30 to Nov. 17.
- Teachers and photographers Diana Nazareth and Jordan McTavish are teaching photography at Kensington Community School, once a week for students in Grades 5-6 on Wednesdays to Nov. 8.
Interested? Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call us at 647-313-1654!